The Boris Nemtsov Foundation for Freedom opens the application period for the Summer School of Journalism and Cultural Studies in Prague-2020. The Boris Nemtsov Academic Center for the Study of Russia established at the Faculty of Arts (Charles University) hosts the School for the third consecutive year.
The deadline for application submission is April 15, 2020 (23:59 Czech time)
The program starts on July 13, 2020 and ends on July 31, 2020.
The Boris Nemtsov Summer School is a three-week multidisciplinary interactive full-funded program designed for young and promising journalists, media activists , bloggers from Russia, post-Soviet countries, Europe and the U.S. who are focused on Russia and the CIS region. Your media experience MUST NOT exceed 3-4 year.
Fluency in Russian is obligatory for all applicants.
Each participant of the School should develop his/her own media product (text, video or a combination) upon completion of the program . The concept note with a brief description of a media product proposed ( online or video formats) must be submitted along with the application. Your proposed media product should be relevant and explore an important political, social, economic or cultural problems. Each participant will get assistance and supervision during his/her work on the project.
The maximum group size is 30 people.
We offer our participants:
- Lectures and master-classes of leading Russian and European journalists, political scientists, economists and cultural figures;
- Discussions of participants’ media projects;
- Case-study sessions;
- Workshops on creation of media platforms;
- Labs on efficient distribution of media products in the Internet;
- ABC of shooting and video editing, infographics and audio;
- Screenings of documentaries followed by Q&A with directors;
- Visits to the local and international editorials and NGOs.
Participants will be offered an extensive extra-curriculum program: sightseeing tours and other activities.
We invite you to apply for the program.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. You can reach us via email email@example.com