The 2018 program was held in Prague (Czech Republic) from July 16 to August 3. The school’s lecturers included:
- Arkady Ostrovsky, head of The Economist’s Moscow Bureau
- Elizaveta Osetinskaya, founder of the Bell, an online publication about economics
- Sergey Sokolov, Deputy editor-in-chief of Novaya Gazeta
- Sergey Smirnov, editor-in-chief of Mediazona
- Irina Borogan and Andrey Soldatov, co-founders of the site agentura.ru
- Dmitry Treshanin, editor of the Current Time
- and many others!
Vitaly Mansky’s documentary “Rodnye” and three episodes of Vladimir Mirzoev’s feature series “Etudes about freedom” were shown. The directors of the films spoke to the students after the showings. The students also visited the offices of “Radio Svoboda” and Seznam, the largest Czech Internet search engine.
Photos of Pablo González